Sunday, February 15, 2009

Yummy Heng Hua Noodle



I have been hoping to buy some Heng Hua Noodle to store at home so that i can cook it whenever i want. My mother-in-law usually cooks the noodle during Chinese New Year and for my hubby's birthday. I find the noodle easy to prepare and delicious and my hubby always looks forward to eating it. I only need to cook it in boiling water for about 2-3 minutes and then add sesame oil to the dried noodle and it is ready to eat. You can add whatever side dish you like. The noodle goes very well with scrambled egg, bak kwa (bbq pork), steamed vegetables or even luncheon meat. However it is important that you do not cook/soak the noodle in boiling water for too long as it will lost its nice flavour and tastes bland. I always use a timer while cooking to keep track of the time.







However the location of the shop selling the noodle is quite far from my place and i was not sure how to get there. I finally decided to go down on Thursday after dragging for so long and ending up carrying 4kg of the noodle home as the boss assured me that i can keep it for quite long although i just realised that i did not ask him exactly how long hehe :>



For those who are interested, you can get the noodle at Lee Hwa Company (61 Jalan Besar Singapore 208811, tel: 6294 6841) it is opposite Sim Lim Tower and quite near the Albert Street OG department store. It is a very old provision shop in a shophouse. It is better to call before going down as they do not really stock up alot of the noodle. I had to wait for about 2 hours (which i spent eating yummy popiah at OG and shopping around ;>) when i went as the stock had not arrived yet. But the trip is really worth it as i can now enjoy my favourite Heng Hua noodle for a few months before going down for my next stocking up again hehe....

No comments: