Sunday, January 11, 2009

Great Buys at Dallas Chinatown

I went Chinatown with my mum, cousin and aunt today and bought 2 new Japanese drama DVD sets from one of my favourite videostore "Dallas" located at Da You Dept. Store (Blk 336 Smith Street, #02-300 New Bridge Centre Singapore 050336). I normally buy DVDs from "Dallas", "Blue Max" and "Poh Kim" video stores as i find that their prices are cheaper compared to other video stores. I can get cheap Japanese DVD sets from "Dallas" and cheap Korean DVD sets from "Blue Max" and "Poh Kim". "Dallas" is able to offer cheap prices for its drama sets as it is also a wholesaler of video CDs & DVDs.








I bought 2 interesting Japanese drama "Around 40" starring Amami Yuki and "Osen" starring Yu Aoi. I bought "Around 40" drama set because my favourite actor Fujiki Naohito is also starring in it and i have always enjoyed watching all his dramas. I bought "Osen" because of its refreshing plot as the drama focuses on Yu Aoi's character Handa Sen who is the "okami" (female proprietress) of a long standing restaurant in Tokyo and would offer viewers an insight of Japanese food and culture. For those who are Japanese drama fans, you might wish to drop by "Dallas" the next time you happened to be at Chinatown :>


I also saw Kimura Takuya's recent drama "Change" DVD set selling for only $15!!!! Other Japanese drama DVD sets like "Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi 2" starring Shaku Yumiko, "Zettai Kareshi" starring Hayami Mokomichi, "Puzzle" starring Ishihara Satomi and "Nodame Cantabile" starring Ueno Juri were also selling for only $15! There are also other DVD sets selling for $15 but i can't recall all the titles. Older Japanese drama VCD sets like "Fugoh Keiji" starring Kyoko Fukuda and 2005 drama "Densha Otoko" starring Ito Misaki are also selling for as low as $5!!!




2 comments:

JAAAASONdesu said...

Heeeeey!

I've just googled around for the words Dallas, Chinatown and Japanese Drama and I came across your blog!
And I'm just wondering is it like walking distance from the train station at the city?
And also, you wouldn't happen to know the prices for both Hana Yori Dango - Japanese and Boys Before Flowers - Korean.

Sorry for like being random :\

JAAAASONdesu^^

Janice said...

Hi Jason,
i have not been there recently so i'm not sure of the price. The store is within walking distance from Outram MRT station or Chinatown MRT station. Just above CK. You may also wish to check out Blue Max video store for the Korean version as their price are better for Korean drama.

Cheers,
Lady Jan