Friday, April 29, 2011

Actress’ skin care secret: Don’t fret

I found this interesting article about actress Ko Hyeong-jeong from (http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2935369) to share with fellow fans of this talented and beautiful actress. I always admire her for her natural acting and loves watching her dramas. She also has beautiful skin and still looks youthful at age 40 :) In this article she talks about her beauty routine and the new book she has published about her skin care know-how. If only it is translated to English, i would definitely read the book.
You don’t have to latch onto the latest skin product고현정 “로션 하나 바를 때도 내 얼굴에 예쁘다 격려해줘요”



Ko Hyeon-jeong
Actress Ko Hyeon-jeong, 40, has published a book about her skin care know-how, “Beauty Docu - Ko Hyeon-jeong’s Texture.” Ko recorded her daily life skin care secrets with photos and writing. The book’s contents are mostly about beauty but she also talks about her daily life as well. On the day of the interview with JoongAng Ilbo, Ko said she only applied skin emulsion, lotion and facial cream.


Q. Chung Yong-jin (Ko’s ex-husband), the vice chairman of Shinsegae, is getting remarried. How do you feel?

A. I’m no different from any other women. Whatever happened in the past, he is ‘someone I used to know,’ so I hope he has a happy marriage. He and I will be mentioned together for a long time and it will be good for both of us if we both live happy lives. (Ko and Jeong got married in 1995 and divorced in 2003. Jeong has custody of their two children.)

Don’t you miss your children? In the book, there are some parts related to your kids.

I hope they are doing great.

*In the book, Ko talks about her horoscope sign, Pisces. She wrote, “the shape of Pisces is like the linkage between the parents and the children,” and continued, “Parents and children are connected with eternal strings even without the umbilical cords and even when they can’t see each other.”

Why did you publish this book?

I have been doing commercial advertisements for cosmetic brands ever since my debut. Last year, Ko Hyeon-jeong face-wash was the talk of the town. I think a lot of people trust when I am involved in skin care. So I felt some sort of responsibility. So this time, I thought I had to talk about my original story, not the advertising copy lines.”

People say you are somewhat of a drinker. Aren’t skin care and alcohol the opposites?

I think drinks with good people are good for your skin. You might have a puffy face the next morning but when you think about the good memories last night, you smile. Smiling is a good facial stretching and it gives you good skin complexion.

What is the first rule of skin care?

Don’t compare with other people and love your skin. You don’t have to latch onto the latest skin products. You don’t have to wear thick makeup every day. Listen to what your skin is saying and it will give you answers.

You wrote in your book, “Truth is, I really don’t do anything for skin care.”

I do try to have fair skin. But it is not special skin care. I don’t do things that might harm my skin to look more beautiful to other people. I just leave my skin as it is. I thought about why my skin is so good. People say a healthy womb gives healthy skin complexion. What I am saying is that rather than doing something for the skin itself, you should care about the overall health of your body more.

What do you do usually when you don’t have a shoot?

What you see on television screens is made by the best makeup artists, stylists and light ing technicians. In fact, I am a lazy woman who likes to slob at home. I don’t like to care about other people’s eyes. I don’t even have a computer at home. I get all my information from five different newspapers I subscribe to. I like paper newspapers, I can flip the pages one by one.

Do you have any particular articles of interest?

I always start the papers from the back with the opinion sections and I always read the daily horoscopes most carefully. I sometimes cut out the horoscope and carry it around.

I heard your photography is excellent.

At one time, I really couldn’t do anything so I had to learn something. So I started photography. I took pictures of my children. I don’t take sceneries. I usually take pictures of people so I can remember them. It is so sad when I want to remember people but can’t remember their faces.



No comments: