Just finished reading this book i borrowed from the library and it is a definite must-read for all beauty lovers! This book is very informative and contains a lot of useful skincare tips with lots of explanation. A definite must-have for all beauty lovers! Cosmo's Sexiest Beauty Secrets was put together by the editors of the famous magazine. This book is chock full of great advice from skin care tips to hair care and styling, finding your perfect foundation, and makeup application with detailed explanation to follow. The pages are packed with everything you need to know to cultivate a completely mesmerizing look. You'll learn how to get everything from a flawless complexion and come-hither eyes to kissbale lips and silky hair.
I have included some tips from the book below which i find very useful. If you like them and thinks that they are beneficial, you can also borrow the book from the library :>
Three Ways To Max Out Moisturizer
1. Apply your cream to freshly washed damp skin within three minutes to seal in moisture that's already there.
2. Massage the cream in for at least 15 seconds to boost circulation and push the lotion as far into your skin as possible.
3. Screw the lid on tightly to prevent oxidation, which can decrease the potency of certain ingredients.
For Oily Skin:
Any every-day exfoliating face wash is enough. But, apart from that you can also use an at-home microdermabrasion kit – which is a more effective method of physical scrubbing. Use salt or aluminum crystals once a week that will diminish your acne scars and large pores.
For Normal to dry skin:
Use synthetic balls for scrubbing and avoid microdermabrasion at all costs. You can also use alpha-hydroxy based peel once a week.
- Apply the lotion all over the body 15-30 minutes before going out.
- Apply a thin coat only as you are applying yourself a lotion and not placing an icing on a cup cake.
- Reapply every 2 hours
How to get rid of a zit?
Despite your regular and religious skin care routine, even if you get a pimple, here is what you can do to hide it. Dab some toner over it to get rid of the excess oil, then wrap an ice cube in a clean cloth and dab it over the zit to cool and flatten it. Don’t keep it for too long. Apply a concealer or spot treatment cream.