Friday, January 25, 2008

Tips on Keeping your place cluttered free


I found some useful tips from this week's Urban on how to keep your place cluttered free and would share some of it here. Hopefully the tips would be useful for friends who are spring cleaning their places for Chinese New Year like me. Happy packing :>



  • When spring cleaning your closet, start by colour coordinating your clothes or sorting them into dresses, tops and bottoms. Keep clothes you rarely wear at the back of the wardrobe and your oft-worn ones in front. If you are starved for space, invest in a space saving hangar that can hang for eg. 4 skirts on one frame.

  • Take out your shopping as soon as you get home. Then fold down the paper bags and store them out of sight. (one tends to just leave it aside when you don't pack up immediately. I'm one good example hehe i have a tendancy to just leave all my shopping bags on the table or chair and would sometimes be too lazy to unpack. I would only start unpacking after a few days or when my hubby starts nagging me. Am trying to kick the bad habit ;>)

  • A space saving solution is over the door storage for handbags. It gives you easy access to them, and you can hang them either on the inside of the door or outside. If you have nice totes, they could even serve as decorative wall features. (I used to leave some of my bags on the chair in my study room as it was easy to just grab and go but the bags soon start piling up and it was very messy. I only managed to pack everything into my closet this week after purchasing a plastic box to store them. At least now i can sit on my chair and read :>)

  • Get a shoe rack that grows with your needs, like those that allows you to extend shelf lengths or be stacked one on top of another.

  • Ensure that bills are filed away after they have been paid, newspapers are recycled every weekend, cushions are put back on the sofa and books are returned to shelves after use. It's easier to maintain a neat room than to clean up a messy one.



No comments: