Thursday, June 12, 2008

Korean Drama Formidable Rivals/Powerful Opponents Ending (Spoiler Alert!!)








I finally finished watching Formidable Rivals and was abit disappointed that Young Jin and Gwan Pil did not end up together. It was an open ending and in the last 2 episodes, it almost seems like Young Jin does have feelings for Gwan Pil and that gave me hope that they would end up together as i have a soft spot for Gwan Pil who has been sacrificing alot for Soo Ho and his family. It is clear that he likes Young Jin but he does not have the courage to confess his love for her as he is afraid that they cannot even be friends or workings partners if things don't work out or if Young Jin actually likes Soo Ho.





However, i guess the ending is also fair as alot of viewers are divided over Young Jin ending up with Gwan Pil or Soo Ho. I read on some drama websites that some viewers prefer Young Jin to end up with Soo Ho and the open endings would give viewers the chance of imagining their own perfect endings :> I also felt very satisfied after watching the drama as i finally know the secret between Gwan Pil and Soo Ho which i have been curious about since watching the first few episodes. It was a nice twist as i had not even guessed that Gwan Pil's daughter actually turned out to be Soo Ho's and Gwan Pil has been raising her as his own to protect Soo Ho and his family from the scandal that would hurt his family if everyone knows that the president's son has an illegitimate daughter. The child actress who acted as Gwan Pil's daughter was also very cute and acted very well in the drama.I have also found some more pictures of the drama and added it in my blog for fans of the drama.







20 comments:

AnnaCamma said...

I was also disappointed about Gwanpil and Youngjin not ending up together. But I do think that the drama heavily suggests their partnership - remember that they confirmed that they were partners even though Youngjin moves to another department.

Plus how cruel would the writers have to be to make it so that Gwanpil ends up losing both Ggot Nim AND Youngjin.

Anonymous said...

I am really sorry to ask you but
I was wondering if you could tell me if cha young jin goes with
soo ho
because the ending of the drama
was complicating for me
does cha young jin go with yu gwangpil or sooho ?
please mail me the answer
to
dudexdudexelaine@gmail.com
thank you so much !!

Janice said...

Dear Confused,

i came across this blog (http://hanfever.wordpress.com/2008/06/04/powerful-opponents-does-it-have-a-powerful-ending/) that gives a very detailed summary about the ending and also the blogger's view of who Youngjin ended with. You may wish to take alook. I personally feel that the open ending would enable me to imagine my own preferred ending (which is of course Youngjin ending up with Gwanpil :->)

Anonymous said...

thank you so much lady Jan

Anonymous said...

please tell at last what happens to the three... please cause i am not getting anything

CH said...

Even though i've been following the episodes but i have more or less guess how the story will be. I also guess that the daughter is actually Soo Ho as Gwanpil is trying to protect this sandal.

however, after getting some idea abt the ending, i will be really disappointed to see this since there isn't any proper ending. I hate guessing ending story. Like some of the drama that i've watched, i jus hate it. I prefer the direct way and not doing guessing game.

Kaymie said...

do you know any site that has this korean drama?? :D:D pleaaseee

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post, it is great

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing with us, I conceive this website truly stands out : D.

Anonymous said...

Hey this subject is hugely interesting. Keep it going friend !

Anonymous said...

The ending was dissapointing. Maybe they should do a sequel...when she returnd to Mr.Pho's department after learning things, as she promised him. And the three of them can pick up on the love triangle, which is still not finished..I hope she ends up with Gwanpil, very compatible and great chemistry.

Anonymous said...

I am happy that I noticed this weblog , exactly the right information that I was looking for! .

Anonymous said...

interesting blog

Anonymous said...

I have been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.

Anonymous said...

Woh I enjoy your articles, bookmarked!

Anonymous said...

Howdy. Very nice blog!!

Anonymous said...


I enjoyed this article. It was inspiring. Keep on posting!

Anonymous said...


Good post! Found a lot of new and interesting! Will share the link with others:0))

Anonymous said...


Very Best interesting info!Perfect just what I was looking for!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha I read lotd of complaint bout the ending. cant understand? lets me explain what the production want to said. in the end the person that Su ho will end up in 3 years like he told daughter ngot nim is definitely KwanPil. Why should he wait until his dad retired if he want to purpose Youngjin. Did u realize Suho keep saying "Our Ngot nim" to his sister. Only couple will saying like this referring to Ngot Nim as his daughter with Kwanpil.The end.