Saturday, October 10, 2009

Searching For Bag Storage Ideas


Recently i have been wondering how my friends are storing their bags and whether they have the same problem as me in trying to find extra space to store my bags. I know i should stop buying bags since i have run out of space to store them but i just can't resist buying when i spot a bag that i like :> I especially loves bags from Mphosis for its simple and nice design. I change bags frequently when i go to work or go out and most of my bags ended up stacked in my chair as i find it too troublesome to get them in and out of my wardrobe whenever i want to change bags and also because my wardrobe has no space for more bags!!! My hubby has been nagging at me to thing of a way to store my bags as he can't stand my messy bags and he cannot even sit on the chair to read as it is occupied by my darling bags hehe...

My messy bags!!! My poor Pooh Bear is suffocating under all my bags!!

I was asking some of my friends during lunch time recently about how they store their bags to get some ideas as i'm also quite sick of my messy bags. I have been thinking of converting one of my room to a walk-in wardrobe so that i will have more space to store my clothes, bags and other stuffs and it will be neater but i will need to spend alot of money renovating and is it really necessary?? Or maybe there are better and cheaper alternatives out there for me to explore??

Ikea Laundry Bag With Stand S$19/-

I have a friend who stores her bag in a Laundry Basket which is quite a good and cheap idea, another friend suggested using a covered box or container, some don't have the same problem as they do not have the habit of changing bags frequently and their bags are neatly stored in their wardrobe or storeroom. I tried searching online for some ideas and one idea i found was putting lots of 3M hooks on the wall to hang the bags but isn't that gonna be more messy?? I was thinking of buying a hat and coat stand from Ikea and using it to hang my bags. Maybe i can get 2 of them?? Hmm ....will it make my room even messier?? If anyone has any good bag storage ideas, do share it here and perhaps it will also be beneficial to other readers of this blog ;>

Bag Storage Ideas Found Online:
Ikea Hat and Coat Stand S$49/-

Ikea Hat and Coat stand S$99/-

From website: http://www.organize.com/parkapurse.html

From website: http://www.marthastewart.com

From website: http://www.furniturestoreblog.com/2009/08/10/handy_handbag_organizer_and_purse_rack.html


(Source: http://www.ikea.com.sg/catalog/catalog_display.asp?b=18)
(Source: http://forums.cozycot.com/bags/20397-handbag-storage-ideas-3.html)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I encountered your post when I was trying to find a better way to store my bags too. I considered the coat and hanger stand too but I couldn't find one with enough hooks. There's this next thingy I found in Ikea where you just hang it and you can stuff your bag in each space for the net thingy. I forgot what its called. Haha Oh, I also have this small ladder I used to use for a bunk and now I use it for my bags. Hope this helps.

Janice said...

Hi, thanks for sharing your ideas :) I managed to buy some drawer boxes from Muji to store my bags and it is sufficient for now as long as i don't keep on buying more bags ;)