Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Great food at the AirportT2

I went to the airport on Sunday with my mum and brother as we wanted to explore the newly opened Terminal 3 (T3). I seldom go to the airport as it is quite far from my place but the idea of shopping and dinning there was quite refreshing and fun. I only go to the airport when travelling overseas as there is nothing much that would attract me to spend 1 hour plus travelling there. However with the 2 new entire floor(named 3-Top and B2 Mall @T3) in the public area dedicated to shopping and dinning at T3, it would definitely entice me to go there more often!


Plus being at the airport really makes one feel relaxed and in the mood for travelling haha... I even bought along a travel guide book of North Korea i had borrowed from the library to read at the cafe. Seeing the planes taking off in the sky really makes my brother and i wish that we were up there too :> I also enjoy browsing at the things at Candy Empire, especially the cute chocolates for Easter. We spent some time at NTUC Fairprice and also walk around looking at what other dinning choices there are.


We found alot of dinning choices in T3: Earl Swensen located in 3-Top offers diners a great view of the picturesque runway but there was a long queue. The food court (opens 24 hours) was also very crowded. There was also places like The Coffee Connoisseur (TCC), Coffee Club, Ya Kun Kaya Toast, Secret Recipe, Crystal Jade, Dian Xiao Er, Wang's Cafe, Popeyes and Coffee Bean to chose from. However most of the restuarants were full and there were long queues outside.

My brother suggested going to the staff canteen at T2 as the Wild Olive Pasta & Western Cuisine stall there serves super yummy and low priced pasta and he had it for lunch few days ago and was still craving for more. The staff canteen is quite hidden and my brother had forgotten the exact location of the canteen. However we managed to locate it with the help of the airport staff.







Mushroom Soup $2


Fusilli Di Bosco $2.90 (My brother's favourite and it tastes absolutely fantastic and where else can you get pasta for only $2.90??)


Breaded Fried Chicken $5 (This is our favourite and it is super nice and goes well with pasta. I even bought it home for my hubby so that he can have it for supper)


Fish and Chip $5.50

The food there was definitely great, cheap and super filling due to the generous portion. I wished that my stomach got more room so that i can try all the other dishes. We only spent a total of $18.30 for dinner for 3! I would definitely go there again and highly recommend the place to everyone.


We then spend some time relaxing at Coffee Club and having desert and drinks as we were too full to take the bus ride home.

No comments: